[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 110: Undefined array key "cached"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 111: Undefined array key "normal"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 112: Undefined array key "total"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
• View topic - Strange Hometowns

Strange Hometowns

Strange Hometowns

Postby Siege of Leningrad on Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:00 pm

Hi Gene and Brian,

Really liked the World's Largest Podcast!! Try this one for size. I am from Rhode Island. I live in Newport, a very small town with alot of tourists.

We also have a very strange local population. Here is the story of one person I met.

Years ago, I was doing some volunteer work for a church. Another volunteer took me to the home of a very elderly lady. She had a very early 20th illustration on the wall of this very beautiful woman with a large tiara and a veil running down her back. There were Russian words underneath the picture. I thought nothing of them and asked the lady to identify the woman in the picture. She said, "That is my mother". I thought the woman was some kind of a model. I started to decipher the russian underneath and it said, Czarina Alexandra, Empress of all Russia.

I told the other volunteer the story. She laughed and said, "Yeah, she thinks she's the missing Romanov Duchess, Anastacia." I was floored. I was cleaning house for the pretender of to the Russian throne and she was a nasty old woman to boot.

I met her on another occasion. She was at a party and I thought I would ask her question about pre-Revolutionary Russia. She did actually live there I found out. So as an amateur history buff, I wanted to know afew things. Again I descended into the weird vortex because the only thing she could talk about was that the defeat of the Russians by the Japanese was orchestrated by the Rothchilds. As you may have guessed I was shocked and left the party and the church at a dead run.

Word of Advice--Never join a seemingly liberal church with members who want to rule Russia and a large population of retired CIA officers.

In closing--what about a podcast about hometowns where strange stuff happens so often it because normal, i.e. Strange Hometowns.

Thanks and Cheers
Siege of Leningrad

Return to Podcast/Radio