[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 110: Undefined array key "cached"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 111: Undefined array key "normal"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/dbal.php on line 112: Undefined array key "total"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
• View topic - Monsters of LA (Actually Southern California)

Monsters of LA (Actually Southern California)

Monsters of LA (Actually Southern California)

Postby Vila on Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:02 am

Having lived here in Bako and making yearly escapes to LA as long as I can remember, I hear things. Mostly that the La Athletic Club is major haunted ghost wise, but I have picked up some other stories. I can go on about ghosts (such as the suicide who killed herself by jumping off the Hollywood H) but I wont. I'll keep this on topic and limit myself to Cryptids.

Billiwhack - who lives in some kind of abandoned warehouse or complex out in Aliso Canyon, and looks kind of like the Goat Man from SNA. The story started via a little boy in the 1950's who came home one day with scratches he got "from some weird animal". Of course the story grew and by the 60's police where rounding up half a dozen kinds a week breaking into this building trying to see this creature. What’s more is that they were carrying home made swords. So yeah. Kinda a kids version of a BF hunt. This creature has been seen since the early 30's apparently and is LA's version of mothman. - Never dying half human half animal. In the 30's he was seen stealing chickens and corn and was described as about the size of a twelve year old with shaggy hair, and had two horns growing out of the top of it’s head that curled around it’s ears like a goat.

A Bat-like Creature - spotted in and round Elizabeth Lake. Early stories have homesteaders running in terror after two months saying they heard Screams. Another person fled after six months saying it was the mouth of hell, heard screams, shrieks and groans and suffered visions. The lake is even said to have been too much for notorious bad guy Vasquez who gave a description of the monster. He said it appeared to be a cross between an alligator and a bat, it had enormous bat like wings, it stunk to high hell and was screaming “a hundred times louder than a shriek owl” and it was thrashing about as if to free it self from something. It appeared twice to him, the second time he watched it rise out of the mud where it apparently nested to fly off. Since then it’s been sighted a few times, eating bull dogs, and bronco steers whole. Most recently seen 1996.

Bigfoot of Borrego Badland - Your basic Bigfoot sightings from the 1900’s on through the 1970s. Said to have been shot and killed I think.

Singing Sand Dunes - Somewhere around Devil’s Playground out in the Mojave desert. They sound like a tuba or barking seals. The Kelso dune is said to sing the most.

The Wolf Woman - A feral woman who is said to live on San Nicholas island. It’s from the 1850’s, so she’s dead by now. Apparently there was a movement to boot the local Indians off the island so a Russian hunting party could set up shop. They all died some how and she grew up there alone from an early age. She’s said to be buried at the local Santa Barbra Mission.

(Ok, I cant resist, I'm gonna slip a ghost in here) The Ghost Ship - a Ghost Ship floats across the Mojave Desert that is seen off and on from the 1840’s to present. It’s said to be one of the three from an expedition King Phillip III chartered to explore the Pacific. The sightings are so complete that witnesses can even hear sailor’s singing.

Newport Beach is said to have a sea Monster that I don’t too much about. I’ll ask around next time I’m at the club. I'll ask Chris about it/them next time we talk. She grew up in LA.

Ahhh, everyone knows about the Buried Egyptian city that is actually a set from a Cecil B Dimil film. Ok, I'm out of ideas.
::The Drunk Cowgirl::
Vila

Return to Monsters